Thursday, June 18, 2009

Obsession...for geeks! [updated]

I has a one.

So. I was on ebay today buying a humane spider catcher for Rosie (7 quid delivered BTW!)...as you do.

"I wonder what fixie's are on here?", I thought to myself. Tappity-tappity-tap....
"£1100 for a bike?....WTF?...wait, what's this?"

Short story short. I've bought another fixie.

I will not turn this one into a retro, child-carrying, basket-adorned, fairground*. It's a bit more "proper", with a rear-brake (and so road-legal) and everything and weighs 1/2 as much as Mrs Apron when fully laden...Here, have a look!


Correct picture now shown...

I shall, however, start using this one (it's already shipped!!) as the "daily" bike and reserve Mrs Apron for Flo...and special occasions.

In other news, I'm working on "Doctor Roboto", my costume for next months microrave. So far it features:

  • Voice changer
  • Internal ultra-bright white LED lighting
  • Mirrored eyes
In progress:
  • Tube & "Gun" for the Brainwave Transmission Weapon
  • Sound responsive laser light show projected upwards!
  • Rubber surround for neck/shoulders
  • External "spotlights"
To do:
  • Head/chinstrap attachments for security while "dancing"
  • Lights, bolts, vents/grills and that....prettying it up.
  • Silver fabric neck tube to cover scrawny human neck
I seriously hope I can make something that lives up to my expectations...

* Actually, the crazy lights are removable from Mrs Apron, so they might go on from time to time....I have a huge bag of zip-ties I got from somewhere...

No comments:

Clicky Web Analytics