Friday, October 19, 2007

You are a geek when...

...you *could* go out to play on a Friday night but...

  • You have decided to rename all the machines on your network after hominoids. You do not know this word, but...you can phone someone and describe what you mean rather than GTMF! [ cheers bruv*!...sorry I called all apes monkeys ;) ]
  • You now have "bonobo" (laptop, about to get Gutsy), a server running same but server version (having previously been a feisty "fatbox") called "gibbon" a mac called "chimp", a tiny Gumstix machine called "utan" (because it will fucking crush you with orson tiny) and an as yet still bricked Neo1973 (just time constraints, nearly there!) which I will rename "siamang" as soon as I can...how fucking cool are they! The arboreal thing appealed to the mobile thing (yes I know) and the "throat pouch that can be inflated to the size of its head" swung it!
  • Keyboard shortcuts beat mice (except for drawing "freehand" natch)
  • You are writing a How-To called "Restoring Neo1973 GTA01v4 From Scratch with a Debug Board using JTAG on your Ubuntu/Debian system" (subtitle...."trust me and see!")
  • You're thinking of upgrading to a gas soldering iron
    • Because you want to make a new taser and mod the Buddha Machine
    • There are robots to be made for Christmas
  • You understood any of that.
On the other hand it's fucking freezing, I have a cold, I really want my bed and I have (oh noez!!) a ready-meal pizza in the freezer I could eat...
*He's gonna be a doctor don't you know!

No comments:

Clicky Web Analytics