Wednesday, June 21, 2006

New Phone

So. I'm trying out a new phone, the Nokia E50






I've not been a fan of Nokia for a long time and for many reasons probably too geeky to go into here....OK, I'll mention a few of them: relative insecurity of Series60, lack of respect for the SIM (you will respect the SIM!) and strongarm tactics when it comes to buggy devices...to name but a mere few.

Anyway, this one doesn't seem too bad so far. S60 V3 is quite a big improvement but still rubbish compared to UIQ in my opinion...and even Palm is better. There's a few nice "business" features that also lend themselves to the world of real-life friends like the 'Team' Organiser which enables you to do cool things with PushToTalk but with it's homepage thingie could well work out nicely with the whole Web 2.0 thing (I may well investigate and post on this later). Couple of nice setup wizards too, though I now have access to the "Send Settings to My Phone" service in the UK (the one to be replaced with my current project).... ;-)

Admin access too! Heeehehehehe....Plus picked up some new projecty stuff at work, so now not only am I the techie guy for OverTheAirProv (OTAP), FlexOverTheAir (FOTA) and general handset or network tech ,but also the "Smart" PhoneChooser (SPC).....FLAs and TLAs ahoy!

Here's some photos I took earlier this evening....let's see what the E50s camera quality is like...







Crap compared to the SonyEricsson :-(

In other news I'm off to Paris tomorrow for the day, which is a bit of a pain, but at least it's not a solo trip.....and there's a very good reason for going. Not sure about the Monday trip to London yet, but I'm sure I'll post on Sunday when I have Lil next.

---end of message---

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I might be a-goon to London on Monday..a gettin a mucho cliner early train.

Also - give me the E50. OK?

nice one!

BYWBYEYYBEBYEYB!! See you tomorow eve for lagers

Clicky Web Analytics