Monday, October 12, 2009

Show n Tell

I'm doing one of these here Freeskilling things tomorrow evening.

I'm really looking forward to it, but hoping it doesn't just turn into me ranting about closed/pay software (OK, I'll say it....MICROSOFT & APPLE), where Linux/FOSS lets us down (because it does in places)...I have some (hopefully) cool shit to show off and for people to use though:

  • Chumby (FOSS/OSH, not got wifi in locale so showing "local" widgets + Quake)
  • BeagleBoard (FOSS/OSH, just to show as no HDMI output)
  • Neo1973 (FOSS/OSH, boots to screen of doom thanks to me)
  • Sony Vaio found through "justfortheloveofit", booting FOSS 'live'
  • Acer Aspire 1 booting Moblin2 (lame, i reckon) + my own Ubuntu + Kuki
  • Lenovo C100, the laptop that will not go away. Is now running Jaunty with all the requisite plugins for browsers & music, etc ready to donate to someone.
A very welcome email from Tom G has prompted some extra software checkin'...I'd forgotten Gloobus for you Gnome peeps...

And FYI I have ~3 desktop PCs (no monitors) if anyone wants them....what is it about monitors?

No comments:

Clicky Web Analytics