Sunday, March 02, 2008

Approximate Mong Scale 3

That has to be one of many of my favourite lines from "Flash"....such an awesome film, and it's on in the background as I write this.

It's also a fitting description of how I feel right now. Let me explain....

Esmae came to stay on Friday night as well as Flo for the weekend. Totally planned, expected and worked out pretty well, but I have new-found respect for anyone who has more than 1 kid...and especially for people like Rosie, who appear to cope so admirably with 2 kids between 5 and 2!!

I'm knackered...but we all (on average) had an awesome time. I shall now endeavour to illustrate this...


Apparently, me with a mouthful of blueberries is the scariest thing in the world!

So, that was Saturday breakfast (like 7 am!)...The night before that we wore cardboard crowns, behaved like gorillas, ate our dinner and did some drawing. You can distribute those activities as you see fit...



After the screaming and subsequent watching of "Howl's Moving Castle", wherein I witnessed Flo attempting to describe what was happening to Esmae:

Flo: "She's a little girl and an old lady. There's the big big circle....and a fire. Little boy...He's got a beard"
Esmae: "Ben, what is this?"
Flo: "Look Esmae, toonip'ed!! Too'ped!"
Me: "Turniphead"
Esmae: "What is this?"
Me: "Shall we go to the park?"

...we went to the park...


Note that this post does not reflect all the arguing, crying, demands to "ride the elephant", whose turn it is to go on the slide or the swings...it's like a Disney version of my life...or a Flash Gordon version...in my mind.

Es went back to her mum's that morning and Flo (who was in inexplicable toddler tear-hell) and I came home an went to bed for a bit...well I had the sofa downstairs.

We did a load of gardening, and then on Sunday I found my HP digital camera...so we took that to the farm, park and cafe...then back home for more laffs....





I could not, for the life of me, figure out where Flo'd stashed the Monk Machine, so I followed her...much to her annoyance!

No comments:

Clicky Web Analytics