Thursday, May 22, 2008

There's an Elephant in my ear

Of the earworm variety.



Flo demanded "The Elephant Song" 5 times in a row last night (before I pretended to forget the words) and now it's stuck in my head on permanent repeat...so here, for your reading pleassure, are the words to "Effervescing Elephant" by Syd Barrett (the song in question).



An effervescing elephant, with tiny eyes and great big trunk,

Once whispered to the tiny ear - the ear of one inferior -

That by next June he'd die (oh yeah) because the tiger would roam

The little one said, "Oh my goodness I must stay at home!"

"And every time I hear a growl I'll know the tiger's on the prowl,

But he'll be really safe you know, the elephant he told me so."

Everyone was nervy (oh yeah) and the message was spread

To zebra, mongoose and the dirty hippopotamus

Who wallowed in the mud and chewed his spicy hippo-plankton food

And tended to ignore the word, preferring to survey a herd

Of stupid water bison (oh yeah) and all the jungle took fright

And ran around for all the day and the night.

But all in vain because the tiger came and said,

"Who me? No, I wouldn't eat not one of you;

I much prefer something to chew

And you're all too skant (oh yeah)

He ate the elephant.





I love the fact that we can play in the garden for a bit in the morning

No comments:

Clicky Web Analytics