Tuesday, September 27, 2005

New phone...spots....and a job?

OK, not so lazy this time, eh?



Actually, I'm waiting for part 2 of the Dylan documentary on BBC2 which is on again at 9 this evening and rather than watch bollocks TV until that time I've got The Archers on in the background, checking a few late work emails and faffing with this new phone.



I'm trialling a new Nokia 3G device, the N70i. It's bigged up as a "Music" phone and runs Series 60 Symbian...I've already managed to delete all the "Signature" applications (by formatting the memory card), changed everything so that it's less Nokia and tried out the 2 MegaPixel camera.



...though I'm disappointed to note that there's a delay between the "shutter" sound when you press the Capture button and the actual taking of the picture...I think this might be something to do with the flash, as it's much worse when using "Night Mode"...almost 0.5 second delay between button press and flash/capture....anyway that's a rant for the relevant Trials Manager. The earphones and MP3 quality is nice....and it's got a radio....and supposedly there will be "TV Viewing" software (the whole point of signing up for the trial!) soon. It's still a Nokia though and I still prefer my SE/// K600i (which, incidentally is being flashed up to commercial software tomorrow).

Other than that, I've realised a few more blog-watchers than I expected (you've probably all gone after that geek-out on mobiles), the ale is conditioning in the keg ready for Fulleride and Marlon to sample. Lillian is lovely...beautifuler than your baby!!! So what she's spotty...those'll clear up; you're ugly mug is there for life! ;)

Still not sent Thanks to Nicky or Ivor/Sue...tell them about this place...It's cheaper than a stamp :)

If i get the job I'll post a quick w00t and then go spend some money I don't have on beer....MMmmm, sweet beer how I miss thee!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

gull

It is nice to read of your devious ways, and to see the progression of child:Lillian.

You could do much worse than reading "Hard Boiled Wonderland and The End of the World" by Haruki Murakami. It is one of the best books I've read recently

By the way, before you can play FC online, be sure to get patched to 1.33. Its a bit of a mess - you need to go

1.0 > 1.3 > 1.31 > 1.33

This post on the FC forums has links to the patches, as well as the map packs you will need if you want to be able to rinse.

Swicthed on the CH for the first time today - well it came on at 6 this morning - none of the woes of last winter are apparent. Toasty rads, no explosive noises from boiler or shuddering cak shower woe.

Oh - but some blood did come out of the shower head. Thick, coagulated blood. Like butcher's treacle.

That reminds me. I think the tale of my Central Heating will make a great bed time story for lil.

Unfortunately it will cost you £1000. Don't f*ck me about, I will not hesitate to sue your ginger arse to kingdom come. Or Broadmead.

Rgds

gull

Clicky Web Analytics